The Lucky Leprechauns

The Student News Site of St. Brendan School

The Lucky Leprechauns

The Lucky Leprechauns

The 2024 Eclipse
The 2024 Eclipse
May 1, 2024
Fantasy Draft Pick
April 30, 2024
6 & 7th Field Trip
6 & 7th Field Trip
April 30, 2024

Pink Week

Pink+Week

Recently we had a pink week at our school when our kindergarten teacher dressed in pink all week long. Then later in the week she emailed all the teachers on Thursday to wear pink on Friday. Since we didn’t know what a pink week was we decided to interview our dear kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Crawford. These are the questions we asked her, and the answers we got!

Us: 1. What started your idea of Pink Week? 

Her response: 1.  I actually had a dream about wearing pink for an entire week!  I used to dream about all of my outfits the night before…my dream would totally inspire my “look” for the next day.  But because I am often interrupted in sleep now (babies and young kids) I don’t always remember my dreams.  I was so excited to remember this one in such detail!

Us: 2. Did you have any reason for choosing last week? 

Her response: 2.  No real reason except my dream left me with such a desire to do it.  The dream was from the week before and I wanted it to be the whole week.  I also knew that I didn’t want it to interfere with my parent teacher conference outfits OR Halloween outfits. Also, October is breast cancer awareness, so it was kind of perfect timing!

Us:. How long have you had this planned?

Mrs. Crawford: Less than a week!  I think my dream was on Wednesday and I started the following Monday!

Us: Will you do any more weeks like this in the future? 

Mrs. Crawford: OOOH!  I think I would DEFINITELY do a themed week!  Especially if I have another dream….OR if I could get the entire staff to do it with me!  HAHA!

Us: How do you wear heels almost every day??

Mrs. Crawford: You would be surprised with how many times I get asked that!  HAHAHA!  I used to dress up in my Mom’s heels, so I like to think I got it from her.  Some of my heels hurt, but most don’t.  I promise

Us: How do you never run out of awesome outfits every day?

Mrs. Crawford: Mr. Chris would like me to stop having awesome outfits. But seriously. I LOVE to shop!  But also, I don’t really collect anything.  Basically, I collect clothes, shoes….and postcards!

Us: Lastly, were you happy to see all the teachers dressed in pink?

Mrs. Crawford:  I LOOOOOVVVVEEEDD  seeing everyone in pink!  I think themed days build friendships, teamwork, comradery, morale….such a good team building exercise!  Plus, isn’t it fun to see what people have in certain colors?  Or on the flip side, isn’t it fun to challenge yourself to maybe wear something you haven’t worn in awhile?!

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Lucky Leprechauns

Your donation will support the student journalists of St. Brendan School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.