The Lucky Leprechauns

The Student News Site of St. Brendan School

The Lucky Leprechauns

The Lucky Leprechauns

The 2024 Eclipse
The 2024 Eclipse
May 1, 2024
Fantasy Draft Pick
April 30, 2024
6 & 7th Field Trip
6 & 7th Field Trip
April 30, 2024

The History of Barbie

According to the History.com on their page titled “Barbie Through the Ages,” it was created in 1959 by Ruth Handler. The first barbies to exist were in bathing suits with red curly hair and bright red lips. Barbie is a fashion doll and brand. This first Barbie was manufactured by American Toy. These barbies kids from toddler to 6 I would say play with barbies all the time. Barbies are a very important part of American Toy fashion. American Toy have sold over a billion barbies which has made it the most popular seller and gave them the most profit. This brand has expanded since 1984. Barbie and her man Ken have been called the most popular dolls in the world. Barbie clothes and accessories have changed so much since when they first made barbies you can go to a lot of different stores and find a lot of different stuff for barbies you can definitely go to a store and find what barbie you want even if you want it to look like you maybe a family member or even a friend. Some people collect barbies for a lifetime. Barbies are great to give as gifts especially for little kids. 

1960

According to google photos they had bright hair and started to develop more clothes and more diversity.

1970

According to google photos they had blonde hair and blue eyes, tan skin and bright dresses.

1980

According to google photos Blonde hair, tan skin, leggings , crop tops and short dresses.

1990

According to google photos, big earrings, big hair either go big or go home.

2000 

According to Google photos there were more face detail and the hair was figured out.

What do you think of Barbie?

View Comments (2)
Donate to The Lucky Leprechauns

Your donation will support the student journalists of St. Brendan School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.